Thursday 26 March 2015

Sweet stuff circle card


Hi stampers,

 Welcome back, for today's card I wanted to challenge myself to do something out of the norm. Not the standard size card but something different, so this is what I came up with.
I think it turned out cute and I will definately be doing more of this style in the future.


 For the card base I cut two of the second largest circle framelit dies in crumb cake, score along the top of on of the , creased it with the bone folder and adhered it to the the other circle to create a circle card. I also cut a little bit of the bottom of the back circle , just to make it stand up straight .

For the dotty background I used a scrap circle of rubber stamp that came out the centre of one of my others stamps, sorry I can' t remember which one!  But it was just the right size for what I needed. 

I first stamped randomly with the craft white pigment ink and then stamped over the top and just a smidge over in the melon mambo to create a shadow effect, which I think turned out great.

Then I went around the edge with my white gel pen to created the stitched effect. I then cut a slither of coastal cabana cardstock  and adhered it across the centre of the card.

I then cut a smaller circle from the circle framelits, again in crumb cake and did the stitched border in the gel pen again. I cut some basic black card with the small banner framelit die and embossed in white the happy birthday from the celebrate with cake stampset  and heat set. I then used my daffodil delight and melon mambo blendabilities to colour over the white embossed sentiment ( sadly the blendabilities have been discontinued by Stampin'Up! Due to quality issues ) but to process can also be done with our stampin write markers too.

I then stamped the ballerina and ice cream from the sweet stuff stampset on a scrap of whisper white cardstock coloured it in using my aqua painter and my inkpads in blushing bride,melon mambo, daffodil delight,coastal cabana, baked brown sugar and crumb cake and then cut it out with my paper snips leaving a small white border.
I then attached the happy birthday sentiment with tombow liquid glue and the attached the stamped coloured image using Dimensionals, then attached the smaller circle to the card base slightly to the right hand side with Dimensionals too.

I hope it inspires you to have a got a making your own version and I would love to see it..

To purchase any of the products used in this card project please click on the shop now button below or to the right hand side of this blog for quick easy shopping 24/7 or send me an email, I'm always happy to help.


Happy stamping

Lucie x 
http://www2.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=2693&dbwsdemoid=5010189



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I'd Love to hear from you.

Lucie x